With the emergence of live casino games, players can now enjoy gambling while conveniently choosing the location and time. Casino Hold’em is an example of live casino games. After its initial introduction to brick and mortar casino games in the year 2000, it has joined the list of live casino games.
The basic feature of the Live Casino Hold’em game is that players play against the dealer, unlike Texas Hold’em where players play against each other. Similar to live blackjack – the game is also played using real cards, with the exemption of numbers creation. Players would have to aim at beating the dealer’s five-card hand.
Once the game starts and players have made their ante bet, the dealer hands each player 2 cards each. Then, he keeps 3 community cards in the middle. If a player folds his cards, he loses. If he raises, his call bet becomes twice the ante bet.
Two more cards are placed in the middle and the Dealer shows off his cards. The value of the dealer’s cards would have different outcomes that determine if the player loses or wins.
History of the Game
Casino Hold’em was derived from Texas Hold’em. It began in the 1900s with Stephen Au-Yeung’s attempt to show his girlfriend how to play Texas Hold’em. This derivation was further publicized in the year 2000 had soon gained popularity among land-based casinos. Over the years, several casinos adopted it as a live casino game and many others are following suit.
The Texas Hold’em game started in Robstown Town, Texas also in the 1900s but began gaining popularity among players in the year 1970 when it became one of the first five games to be played at the World Series of Poker tournament. Different variations of the game have been created since then, one of which is the Casino Hold’em.
Rules of the Game
- Every player begins the game by placing an ante bet.
- Any player who folds forgoes his ante bet, bonus bet, and losses.
- For a player who calls, two more community cards are placed.
- The winner is the participant who has the best five-card poker hand.
- The minimum amount for ante bet with most casinos is $1.
Advantages of Playing Live Hold’em over Land-based Casinos
- You can have better odds when playing live Casino Hold’em than land-based.
- You also have better payouts playing Casino Hold’em live
- You enjoy your gambling experience from the comfort of your location.
- You incur less expense as you would not have to move from one location to another.
- You get to play your game where ever you want.
- There are also several payment options available for live Casino Hold’em games.
- It is a bit more entertaining playing right from your mobile phone.
Pros and Cons of the Live Casino Hold’em Game
|Real live experience|
|Easy to learn and play|