Live Casino games are unlike land-based casino games or regular online games because they provide real live gambling experience for players. Caribbean Stud Poker is one of these live games added to the offerings of many online casinos.
Caribbean Stud is a type of poker game that features the players aiming at beating the dealer. Five cards are dealt with each player and the dealer. It is required that the dealer gets a king and an ace to qualify. Once the game commences, players make their ante bet against the dealer. The five cards dealt with each player is faces up. For the dealer, only the fifth card of the dealer faces up.
Players can choose to fold or raise. If a player folds, they lose the hand but if a player raises, their set of cards are compared with that of the dealer meaning the dealer faces the rest of his cards up. The party with the best hand wins.
History of the Game:
The game was invented by casinos to attract poker players to table games. Although its origin is not fully confirmed, David Sklansky took credit for that. He claims that he created the game in 1982 but his creation had some differences; the name was Casino Poker, two cards from the dealer were revealed and the absence of progressive jackpot.
He, however, failed to patent the name. A poker player later brought the game to Excelsior Casino, had success in patenting the name and changed certain features of the game. The game is now called Caribbean Stud Poker. David Sklansky was a professional poker game player.
Rules of the Game:
- There are two betting rounds; the ante and the raise bet.
- Players have two decisions to make; to raise or fold their cards.
- The dealer only qualifies if he has an ace or a king.
- If the dealer does not qualify, he loses immediately.
- If the dealer loses, the players get 1:1 on their ante bets.
- If the dealer loses, the players receive their raise bet back.
- If the dealer qualifies but is beaten by a player’s five-card hand, the player gets his money on the ante bet. He also gets his money on the raise bet but this is determined by the hand the player beats the dealer.
Advantages of Playing Live Caribbean Stud Poker over Land-based Casinos:
- Players enjoy the convenience of gambling from the comfort of their homes.
- Players can enjoy the game through different platforms or gadgets; including mobile phones.
- Players can play at any time of the day, as long as they can access their online accounts.
- Players are not limited by confined space, distance or weather conditions.
- Players get to highly observe everything happening around the game through advanced technology.
- There are also several payment options available for live Caribbean Stud Poker games.
Pros and Cons of Online Live Caribbean Stud Poker Game:
|Real live experience|
|Easy to learn and play|