Live Casino Games offer players gambling experience right from their comfort zones with real cards, players, tables and a dealer. An example of such live games is Live online Baccarat. This is one of the foremost live games. It is also one of the easiest to learn and play.
Baccarat games is always played against 2 hands, and the game has 3 variations:
- Punto Banco
- Baccarat Chemin
- Baccarat Banque
Punto Banco is the most common. The differentiating factor is in the Punto Banco, the player’s moves are strongly determined by the cards they are dealt with.
The basic feature of the Baccarat game is that unlike blackjack and casino hold’em, it heavily depends on the player’s luck. Each player places a bet on either the Banker, which is usually the house, the player or on a tie. The major goal is to get as close to 9 as possible. In the game, apart from picture cards and 10, aces which are valued at 1, the values of other cards equate the numbers.
History of the Game:
The game began in Italy in the 1400s with Felix Fakguierein. He referred to the game as ‘baccara’ which means zero because of the value of the tens and face cards. The name was later adopted as Baccarat. The game could be traced to the legend story of a virgin who had to throw a 9 sided dice to determine her future.
If she got 8 and above as values, she was promoted to the priesthood, if 6 or 7, she was only permitted to live but if lower than 6, she was sentenced to the death in the sea. This could explain the basic rules of the game. The game has been played from Italy to the rest of the world and was regarded as a game for the rich, influential and elite. From being played as a land-based casino game, it evolved as an online game and now, as a live game.
Rules of the Game:
When a new game starts, the player places his bets. Then, the Dealer hands both the player and the Banker two cards each. The Dealer then gives the player and the Banker the second round of cards. This ends the game; winning and losing bets are collected accordingly.
- In Baccarat, the players do not decide if they get a card or have a pass, they are simply dealt.
- If the first two cards of either the Player or Banker equal 8 or 9, it is a ‘natural’, and this ends the game.
- The Player draws a card if his hand is 5 or less.
- The Banker stands with 6 or higher value and takes 5 or lower if the player does not take a card. If the player does take a card, there are several other outcomes.
Advantages of Playing Live Baccarat over Land-based:
- You can play the game from your comfort zone.
- The expense incurred in moving to and from brick and mortar’ casinos is eliminated.
- You can play your game at any time of the day and from anywhere.
- You can also customize certain features of the game, which includes the dealer.
- There are also several payment options available for live Baccarat games.
Pros and Cons of Live Baccarat: